Massage therapy provides relief for soft tissue pain and tightness associated with the physical demands of everyday life at home, at work and at play.
What do massage therapists do?
Registered massage therapists at Motion Works Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Centre are licensed by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario and participate in ongoing continuing education to provide the most up to date and clinically proven massage therapy techniques.
Our team of physiotherapists and massage therapists work collaboratively to provide comprehensive rehabilitation to encourage faster healing and maximal recovery from pain and injury.
Registered massage therapy services are generally covered by most Extended Health Benefit Plans.
Conditions Managed by Massage
- Neck and back pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Sports injuries
- Muscle spasms, strains, sprains
- Post-operative conditions
- Degenerative disc disease
Benefits of Massage
- Pain Management
- Stress Reduction
- Improved Circulation
- Promotion of healing
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system which is responsible for the removal of waste material from the tissue
- Enhanced relaxation
- Reduction of mental fatigue and stress
- Decreased muscle spasms and cramping
- Increased flexibility
- Increased range of motion
- Reduction of scar tissue and adhesions
- Improved recovery times post-strenuous workouts
- Reduction in anxiety
- Improvement in overall health and well being
Important Notice: We Are Now Located at 1250 Stittsville Main Street
As of JUNE 11, 2018, you can find your Motion Works Stittsville team at 1250 Stittsville Main Street.