Physiotherapy involves assessment, management, and restoration of physical function and mobility. Our Ottawa Physiotherapists treat physical impairments and promote health and wellness.
How do physiotherapists help?
Physiotherapists are highly trained practitioners who specialize in the assessment and restoration of movement and dysfunction while focusing on health promotion and injury and disease prevention. Whether you are suffering from an acute injury, a chronic degenerative condition, recovering from surgery, or would like to prevent injuries by maintaining an active, healthy lifestyle, physiotherapy can help.
A physiotherapist in Ontario must be a registered member of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, which establishes the ethical guidelines and standards of practice for all practicing physiotherapists.
Physiotherapists utilize the following treatment techniques:
- Education on the management & prevention of injuries
- Reducing and managing pain
- Increasing range of motion and strength
- Optimizing balance and coordination
- Rehabilitation following work-related and motor vehicle injuries
- Personalized, goal-oriented therapeutic exercise programs
- Restoring joint mobility and mobility following surgery or hospital care