With the growing number of physiotherapy clinics, and demand for non-surgical, conservative treatment alternatives, we are faced with the question of "who do I choose?”. . Here are some helpful tips to choose the right physiotherapist for you.
Where is the office located?
Finding a physiotherapy clinic that is accessible is very important with our busy lifestyles. An office that is close to home, work, school or extra-curricular activities will make it more feasible to attend your sessions routinely.
- As it is known/heard, and with our ever busy lifestyles, it can come down to "location location, location."
- It matters, especially if you will be attending a few sessions per week.
- You will want it accessible, whether close to work, home, play.
Finding the right physiotherapist
After all you will be spending a lot of time together working toward your goals and health improvement.
Many of our physiotherapists have had continuing education training to specialize their treatment skills to better attend to your needs. Some of our specialized training includes treatment for chronic pain and vestibular dysfunction, as well as treatment techniques including acupuncture, dry needling, and therapeutic taping. Our administrative team would be happy to help determine the best physiotherapist for your needs.
How long does a physiotherapy session last?
Each individual is different, therefore our physiotherapists develop personalized plans for each individual to meet their treatment needs. After the initial consultation, your physiotherapist will be able to identify how often you need treatment, and how long you can expect to be in the clinic for.
Tell me about Motion Works Physiotherapy Stittsville's approach.
- Providing evidence-based and quality physiotherapy care. Our therapist are strong believers in continuing education to provide you the best possible care.
- We see a variety of musculo-skeletal related conditions, including those occurring in motor vehicle accidents. We also offer specialized training for concussions.
- Our assessments will last 60 minutes, one-on-one with a physiotherapist.
- Follow-up sessions are based on our assessment findings and goals, but last typically 30-60 minutes.
- Individualized treatment plans and exercise programs to meet your rehabilitation or sports preparation goals.
- A collaborative approach with your physiotherapist to help reach your goals together.
- We work in a large clinic space, with private treatment rooms and extensive rehab gym area.
- We look forward to welcoming you and helping you 'Get Active and Feel Great'!