Cassie Eckford is a registered physiotherapist with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario (CPO), with a longstanding interest in working with people of all ages with orthopedic, sport, and neurological injuries. Her sports areas of interest include baseball, hockey, and skating.
Meet Cassie Eckford
Cassie enjoys focusing her practice on the assessment and treatment of orthopaedic injuries with a specific focus on sports-related injuries. Cassie brings her passion for individual biomechanical assessment, functional testing and treatment techniques that include manual therapy and active movement re-training to help her patients achieve their best recovery.
She enjoys working with and pursuing continuing education courses for a variety of treatment techniques including Functional Dry Needling (FDN), manual therapy, functional movement assessment, and soft tissue treatment. Cassie enjoys working outside the clinic with a competitive men’s fastball team in the Greater Ottawa Men’s Fastball League and youth ringette teams in the Upper Ottawa Valley.
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy | University of Toronto
- Bachelor of Science in Human Kinetics with Honours | University of Ottawa
Recent Clinical Courses & Accreditations
Cassie has continued her training in the post graduate program in Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapy. She has additional training in dry needling, acupuncture and therapeutic taping. Cassie brings her passion for individual biomechanical assessment, functional testing and treatment techniques that include manual therapy and active movement re-training to help her patients achieve their best recovery.
- Functional Dry Needling (Kinetacore Level 1)
- Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute (AFCI) Level 1
- Diploma of Advanced Orthopaedic Manual & Manipulative Physiotherapy – Levels 1, 2 Lower Quadrant, 2 Upper Quadrant
- Soft Tissue Release Techniques
- Therapeutic and Kinesio taping
- Compression Stocking fitting
Motion Works Physiotherapy is a great clinic, where we are encouraged to pursue our professional interests and goals. The staff is like a big family and creates an atmosphere that makes getting up every day to come to work a privilege.